Thursday, 5 May 2016

Post VII: Perfromance #4






Project #4 || Food

For the fourth piece, Kristal and I worked together one last time.  In our piece we used a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and performed  “plastic surgery” on it.  In the background we had the audio of a plastic surgery tutorial playing and the sound of a heart monitor going.  When the hear monitor stopped playing we finished our surgery.  The surgery involved cutting, scraping out the peanut butter and jelly from and even piecing the sandwich back together.  t the beginning we put on a plastic apron, gloves and a face mask to portray the Doctor facade.  

What do you feel was most successful? 
I really liked the audio we used.  It was a helpful time keeping part to our piece.  I also thought the audio was helpful in conveying the message of plastic surgery and not just surgery of any type.

What would you change? 
I would find a place to put the scooped out peanut butter and jelly - I think it looked a bit messy being on the table at the end of our performance - it was also in the way of 

How did you feel while doing the work?
I enjoyed this performance.  It was hard keeping a straight face while distressing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. However, the apron, gloves and face mask were helpful in making me feel more the part.  

No comments

Post a Comment